CSR strengthens OEM
A healthy business culture with a responsible approach towards CSR-related issues is key to improving OEM's competitive edge and enhancing its position as an attractive employer. For many years, OEM has had a Code of Conduct that provides a Group-wide platform for its CSR-related activities. The aim is to create an efficient and responsible process with relevant activities and to ensure a similar approach in developments concerning the environment, ethics and communities.
Code Of Conduct
1) OEM supports and respects international human rights within the company's sphere of influence.
2) OEM shall not be complicit in human rights abuses.
3) OEM upholds freedom of association and recognises the right to collective bargaining.
4) OEM has a zero-tolerance policy towards any type of forced or compulsory labour.
5) OEM has a zero-tolerance policy towards any type of child labour.
6) OEM is against all discrimination with regard to recruitment and the performance of work.
7) OEM supports the precautionary approach with regard to environmental hazards.
8) OEM undertakes initiatives to promote greater environmental awareness.
9) OEM encourages the development of environmentally-friendly technologies.
10) OEM is committed to countering corruption in all forms, including extortion and bribery.
OEM's Code of Conduct is based on the ten principles set forth in the United Nation's Global Compact. The Code of Conduct includes policies relating to human rights, working rights, environmental matters and anti-corruption. These areas encompass the essential components of the responsibility that it is natural to take for all of the Group's companies.